DOS Printer 10.37 Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
Dos Printer can be used to print from Dos Programs to ANY windows printing device!
Dos Printer installs a special printer driver onto the lpt1: port. When a print job is detected in the queue, Dos Printer steals it, converts it to a text file, and then processes and prints it using WINDOWS mechanisms to any WINDOWS printer that you specify.
It can also monitor for the presence of up to 4 different file names (wildcards allowed) and send them to different printers based on the file name!
It acts just like a "virtual printer driver".
It can also create pdf files, and email them.
- Email directly from DOS !
- Fax directly from DOS ! (you need a Fax Printer driver)
- Create Virtual Letterhead to use as a background for your report
- Automatic font sizing
- everything is converted to courier font so all your columns line up
- EPSON escape codes are used to apply larger, smaller, bold, underline etc even in the middle of a line!!!!
- Those pesky double lines that seem to turn up as Italic E's and similar characters are converted to their nearest courier equivalent.
- Extensive Help File
- Doesn't take focus if program run in DOS window
- Adjustable Line Height !!
- You can now print a specified file without deleting it !
- DOS Printer supports different paper sizes.
- You can use wildcards in the filename. For example, DOS Printer can be set to print all c:\report\*.txt files
- You can specify a left margin (Some printers can't print very close to the left margin)
- You can specify a default character spacing (print condensed reports with no printer control codes needed!)
-Many other features, and if it doesn't have what you want, just ask!!
New in version 11 - embed codes in your document that tell Dos Printer what to do with the file (include letterhead, email it etc ...)